Monday 13 July 2009

Monday I have Thursday on my mind

We left Dornoch and the lovely landlord and it wasn't raining. Mike did the first 6 with me as we were on quiet back roads and then cycled to the car and went forward to Golspie for our lunch.

We're pretty much on the coast all the time now and saw loads of seals sunbathing (well - if it had been sunny) on a sandbank on Loch Fleet. Fantastic!! We also saw lots of rabbits, nothing new there except I confirmed to myself that I wasn't going bonkers the other day when I thought I spotted a black bunny. I saw another and so did Mike The weather did hold quite well: Mike got caught in a shower and I didn't.

Golspie wasn't overburdened with choice for lunch so we had baked potatoes at a hotel/pub. Mike drove on to Helmsdale to do the shopping and accommodation finding while I enjoyed the delights of the A9. It's become my new A30. I think the pattern is now set for the next three days of walking - between sea and hills. Could be worse!

We got in at the Helmsdale YH. Mike picked me up along the way back from Brora where he realised he had to go to find fuel. 11.07 in the morning and 12.03 this afternoon. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment