Wednesday 15 July 2009

Almost there ....

So yesterday we stopped at a campsite in Dunbeath but enjoyed b&b and ate Trevor's food. The restaurant looks like a motorway cafe on the outside but is far more promising once you get in. Apparently there are great plans afoot for a transformation, which is good because the place has fantastic views along the coast from the dining room.

Mike's job today was to find accommodation in Wick, which he did (of course as he's clever like that) and then come and find me no earlier than ten miles bearing a picnic. So, lunch was at 11.45 miles in the corner of a field sitting on my FLM foil blanket. Despite me proclaiming that it was going to rain, it was sunny all morning and I hadn't put on any cream and my hat was in the car. Come the afternoon, all creamed up and be-hatted, a sea fog descended and I was safe from solar damage. Mike ran back 3.6 from the b&b to do his first run for a week and then we walked in to Wick together. Did you know Caithness Candles are based here...?

I'd done a smidge under 20, so after a coffee and some cake (thank you Ann!) I went out again to do about 4 of tomorrow's miles. Total for the day of 23.39, total to-date of about 450 and 13 left for tomorrow.

Almost there.......

No comments:

Post a Comment