Sunday 14 June 2009

The Route

Well, a few people have been asking and I suppose it's about time I revealed the plan:

Day 0: 16 June Arrive Land's End
Day 1: 17 June Land's End to Portreath
Day 2: 18 June Portreath to Bodmin
Day 3: 19 June Bodmin to Okehampton
Day 4: 20 June Okehampton to Tiverton
Day 5: 21 June Tiverton to Bridgwater
Day 6: 22 June Bridgwater to Long Ashton
Day 7: 23 June Long Ashton to Trellech

Day 8: 24 June Trellech to Leominster
Day 9: 25 June Leominster to Chatford

Day 10: 26 June Chatford to Bickley Moss
Day 11: 27 June Bickley Moss to Winwick
Day 12: 28 June Winwick to Garstang

Day 13: 29 June Garstang to Kendal
Day 14: 30 June Rest!
Day 15: 01 July Kendal to Plumpton

Day 16: 02 July Plumpton to Kirkpatrick Fleming
Day 17: 03 July Kirkpatrick Fleming to Nether Howecleuch
Day 18: 04 July Nether Howecleuch to New Lanark
Day 19: 05 July New Lanark to Stirling
Day 20: 06 July Stirling to Foulford
Day 21: 07 July Foulford to Trinafour
Day 22: 08 July Trinafour to Kingussie
Day 23: 09 July Kingussie to Moy
Day 24: 10 July Moy to Alness
Day 25: 11 July Alness to Golspie
Day 26: 12 July Golspie to Dunbeath
Day 27: 13 July Dunbeath to Reiss
Day 28: 14 July Reiss to John O'Groats

The last 8 days are potentially subject to small changes.

Mike is going to be with me at the beginning and end. There's a possibility of a mini-social in Okehampton and a certain forumite is putting me up along the way (in the scouse region). However, if you feel you'd like to meet up one evening (or you fancy a briskish walk) then get in touch. If you haven't got my contactables then try sending an e-mail to runningwombleathotmaildotcom

For inspiration, my desktop at work has had a picture like this for the last few weeks:



It's starting to feel a bit real now.

I'm fully equipped with all sorts of gadgetry which will, of course, conspire against any wishes I have to keep this blog updated with my adventures, but I'll be trying anyway.

And yes, please sponsor me in support of Crisis, the national charity for homeless people. Especially as they've been so kind as to let me out of the office for five weeks!

6 comments:

  1. oooh! good luck with this Womble! This is on my bucket list - but to cycle rather than walk I think.
    I'll watch your progress with interest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still find it amazing how you spend about a week in the Southwest, then about 5 days getting through what I think of as England, and then all the rest "oop North". Oop North is obviously a very big place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeh, and some of the England bit is in Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck young Womble and just remember to believe you can do it ('cos you can, so there!). Love and hugs, Susie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And now you've done two days :>)

    ReplyDelete