Thursday 25 June 2009

24th June

From Womble:

"Hi guys, nightmare day here today. Reached yesterday's destination as planned - no hiccups except one pub having closed down. However, feet really painful overnight and didn't sleep well as a result. I usually have a slow start and then feet get into rhythm and we keep going. Didn't happen. By five miles it was hurting so much I became one of those anecdotal people who rings 999 for a blister. I was in tears. The nice young men confirmed no infection, so that was good. They re-dressed the worst culprit (right foot - the pad before the toes) and advised rest then they asked how much further I had left to go today! They were very good and weren't at all dismissive or impatient.

I have since hobbled on to the Harvester by J17 of M5 where I'm waiting for Mike. We're going to review schedule and see how to rescue the situation.

Thanks for all the messages, here, on the blog, texts, e-mails....I might offer a prize for first owl mail :-)

I bought a lottery ticket "Always look on the bright side of life......"

No comments:

Post a Comment